WHAT TO EXPECT:
Your first session will be from 50 minutes which will include telling your story, providing history, and answering questions. We will determine immediate needs, goals of your journey, frequency of future sessions. I meet you where you are in your journey and that journey with me may be short or long depending on your current circumstances and progress towards your goals.
Please bring a list of current medication and your insurance card to the initial visit.
Confidential counseling sessions is provided primarily in my office. Alternatives appointments may be available IN YOUR HOME upon request and when available and deemed appropriate.
STAY TUNED FOR TELEHEALTH/VIDEOCOUNSELING IN THE FUTURE
I am a licensed professional counselor in Tn providing private counseling specializing in those experiencing addictions, depression, trauma and abuse, and women's issues treating individuals, family, and adolescents.
I have currently been working in private practice for 10 years. I have worked at inpatient/outpatient facilities for those with addictions providing group and individual counseling. I have a history working with adolescent/families struggling with parenting, conflict/anger management, trauma, attachment disorders, depression, anxiety, and crisis for those in immediate psychiatric need.
Ed.S Tennessee Technological University in Counseling and continued education credits in psychodramas, Eating Disorders, Ethics, Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, CENAPS/Gorski Relapse Prevention Training, TFCBT, QPR, ASSIST, Experiential Therapy, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy among others.
I am a certified Thought Field Therapy practioner addressing symptoms assigned to negative thoughts.
INSURANCES ACCEPTED AND PAYMENT:
CIGNA, BLUECROSS/BLUESHIELD, AETNA, UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, UNITED HEALTH CARE, HUMANA, Ceredian, LIFESYNCH, COMPSYCH
I also provide a income based sliding scale to those who do not have insurance upon request and approval. ALL CO-PAYS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO BEGINNING SESSION
441EAST BROAD STREET
SUITE G UPSTAIRS
COOKEVILLE, TN 38501
Mon - Wed: 9AM - 6PM
After hours and IN YOUR HOME by appointment only. You may contact by email or phone 931-537-7485
FAX NUMBER 1-888-557-5360
Ways to Cope With Grief
- Say no and do not feel guilty about it. No need to accept every request for every party or get together.
- Don't isolate but don't require yourself to over committ!
- Do your shopping online to avoid the crowds.
- Change or update old traditions and remember the good memories.
- Scale down on holiday decorations or allow yourself to skip them all together. Ask someone to help or hire a florist to decorate.
- If you have no close family do something special for yourself ex go on vacation, fix yourself a special dinner, buy and wrap yourself a gift, hike, or read a book.
- Be generous and kind to yourself like you would your best friend.
- Ask for help. Express your needs to others
- Help others
if you are currently in psychiatric or medical crisis and need immediate assistance contact 911 or your local mobile crisis team or in the Upper Cumberland contact
MINORS <18 1-866-791-9223